To enhance the fellowship and communication among our congregation, a Church Directory Team was elected to develop a new pictorial directory of and for members of First Baptist Church of Oak Ridge. The Church Council directed the Team to use only resources and volunteers within the community as much as possible. The Team presently consists of: Frank Averill, Karen Baker, Adrienne Giles, Sally Hutson, Lela Moore, Nena Moss, Rev. Rory Naeve, Gerald Scott, Hannah Simic, Johelen Stephenson, and Melody Turner.
The goal of the Team is to publish a pictorial directory to provide pictures and contact information of families and individuals within the church community. The directory will be available to the church community in the three following formats:
- Printed copy in booklet form.
- A password-protected electronic copy in PDF format.
- A password-protected searchable online database.
Steps in the Process:
- The process begins with individuals providing their contact information either online or on a hardcopy form. (See registration link above.)
Hardcopy forms can be found on the Directory Table (DT) located in the church’s foyer. Completed hardcopy forms should be returned to the DT.
- Photos are being taken by one of our life-long church members, Sally Bowers Hutson. Sally prefers, when weather permits, to take pictures outside near the front door of the church.
- After individuals and families have submitted their information, they are asked to sign up for an appointment to have their pictures taken. Most photo sessions will take place in the hour before and the hour after church services on Sundays, although special arrangements can be made with Sally to have pictures taken on a Wednesday night. Appointment signup sheets will be on the DT in the church’s foyer.
- When people arrive for their picture appointment, they will be given a printed copy of their contact information that they submitted earlier and asked to verify the accuracy of the data and give their permission for including this information and their pictures in the church directory.
- Soon after having their pictures taken, individuals will be sent an email with their photos attached from which they will choose the one picture to be included in the church directory. Folks without email should make an appointment at the DT to meet with a Team Member who will show them their pictures on a computer and help them with their picture selection.
- Members of the church community who are physically unable to attend church will be contacted directly and arrangements made to have their contact information gathered and their pictures taken in their homes.
- For those desiring prints of their family’s directory photograph, packets of prints of varied sizes will be made available at reasonable prices.
- At some later date, to be announced, the church directory will become available both online (password-protected) and in printed format.
- Only individuals and families who have given their written permission to the church will have their information and pictures included in the directory. Members not wanting their information in the directory can choose not to participate in the information gathering and picture taking process. Nevertheless, all in the church community will have access to the directory once it becomes available.
- If you have any questions, please contact a Directory Team Member.